Corporate social responsibility
Recycling Lives Ltd is a commercial business operating in the recycling and waste management sector.
Central to our model is our work to support and sustain a social welfare charity, Recycling Lives (UK) Ltd, the activities of which include offender rehabilitation, employment support and training, accommodation for homeless adults, and food redistribution. The core of our CSR is the contribution of time, resource and intellectual property to enable the Charity to deliver its activities and objectives. We are also committed to best practice in environmental matters, communications and support of other socially-minded activities.
This policy details Recycling Lives Ltd’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, outlining how we will work in the best interests not only of our staff and stakeholders, but of the communities we work within, of society as a whole, and of the environment. This CSR policy will be adhered to - and is to be understood - in the context of our other policies, in particular Environmental and Quality policies.
To set the values, principles and policies by which Recycling Lives Ltd delivers and demonstrates CSR.
Our board of directors are responsible for overseeing the implementation of this policy, ensuring it is understood and adhered to by all senior managers and staff.
CSR is at the very heart of all that Recycling Lives does, both in our commercial operations and the charitable activities it supports. The organisation is committed to its social, economic and environmental responsibilities, as evidenced in its processes, practices and methods of operation.
Recycling Lives Ltd is committed to delivering social value, via the Recycling Lives charity’s activities, equal to or greater than 10% of the company’s annual sales.
Activities and partnerships:
- We seek to engage in business practices, partnerships and contracts which will create tangible social value, whether through the creation of jobs in the supply chain or via financial, resource or in-kind contributions to the charity.
- We are committed to responsibly sourcing materials, both those products or services procured to facilitate our operations and the waste materials sourced from clients for processing and recycling.
- We seek to serve the communities local to our sites and operations, both via the charity’s programmes and our own engagement with businesses and small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs)
Employment and training:
- We are committed to creating training and employment opportunities for individuals furthest from the job market, to improve their employability and life chances. In particular, we will support the homeless, ex-offenders and the long-term unemployed who are accessing the charity’s programmes.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, not only welcoming individuals from all backgrounds but actively supporting those who are marginalised or disadvantaged to be able to enter and compete in the job market.
- We will create and offer opportunities for individuals, both our own staff and trainees and those of external organisations, to improve their skills and to progress their careers through accredited training.
- We strive to achieve 100% diversion of waste materials from landfill.
- We comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- We conduct all activities in such a way to reduce environmental impact and the potential for pollution.
- We are transparent and forthcoming in our external communications; furthermore, we support our partners to communicate the CSR they achieve by working with us.
- We are transparent in internal communications and ensure communication channels are clear and open.
- We take seriously all feedback from stakeholders and commit to open, honest dialogue
Recycling Lives Ltd will review and revise this policy on at least an annual basis, or as appropriate, to reflect any changes to the organisation or external factors.