that change Lives
We’re looking for an experienced Fleet & Compliance Manager to join our fast-growing transport team, based at our site in Longridge. Reporting to the Head of Transport, you will be based at our Recycling Park facility in Longridge covering all the North West and be responsible for the execution, direction and co-ordination of all transport matters.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We’re also one of the country’s largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
Ensuring that drivers and vehicles are safe and meet all legal and company requirements delivering exceptional service within agreed cost boundaries.
- Manage all aspects of legal compliance fully meeting the Undertakings of the O Licence, as laid out by the Senior Traffic Commissioner's statutory guidance and statutory directions
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained in optimum condition from delivery to disposal
- To ensure Operating Centres do not breach margins for vehicles
- Manage the coordination of MOT and Routine Inspections for owned, leased and spot hire vehicles/trailers with the operation to minimise disruption
- To ensure maintenance of the fleet database is kept up to date and is accurate for the RL fleet.
- To monitor driver infringements against the Companies policies and procedures with actions to correct and reduce in conjunction with the Transport Operations Manager
- De-briefs drivers on infringements and provides guidance and advice on Drivers Hours and WTD
- In conjunction with the Training Dept, to provide a plan to ensure all LGV drivers are in possession of a valid CPC card and are fully trained and updated in all SSoW
- Work with the transport team to deliver key compliance targets and reduce operating costs
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
Requirements & Accountabilities:
- H & S – Strive to meet zero accidents
- Fully meet all compliance targets (OCRS, Driver behaviour reports, tachograph infringements, accidents, MOT FTP, PMI slippage)
- Maintain O Licence OCRS within the Green band
- Reduce VOR downtime
- Maintain 100% Compliance against TM Undertakings
- Set up and maintain SLA’s with all key suppliers
- Competent user in Microsoft Office, Excel (pivot tables and KPI graphs)
- Able to work flexibly to resolve issues efficiently
Salary: Competetive, dependant on experience
Hours: Full time 42.75 hours per week
Location: Based at Recycling Park Longridge, covering all North West region
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent